It’s the ninth annual Georgia Pre-K Week! This year’s event will bring together people from across the state to celebrate the importance of Georgia Pre-K and the lives of the state’s youngest learners. We hope you will join us!
By registering for
Pre-K Week 2020:
There are many benefits of participating, including materials and the chance to showcase your work to the community, including local, state, and business leaders. By registering, you will receive:
- A Pre-K Week yard sign to show your support for early learning
- An entry to win one of several special prize packages
- Access to tools and information to help you host a successful Pre-K Week event
Georgia Pre-K Week 2019 Resources
(2020 versions coming Summer 2020)
Please feel free to download and use any of the following materials!
FAQs for Pre-K Centers
To ensure that early education remains a priority for our state and local leaders, it is important that every community understands and supports quality learning for all children. Your Pre-K center’s participation will open up the opportunity for leaders to get a first-hand look at the high quality early learning taken place at your center.
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak is this year’s official book. You should, however, feel free to use any of the high-quality, age appropriate books listed by Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning.
- Invite local leaders to visit your Pre-K center with our sample letter to raise awareness of the importance of quality early education.
- Start planning some activities to do during Pre-K Week with your students! Be sure to check back for activity ideas and lesson plans centered around this year’s official Pre-K Week Book, Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney.
- Share your festivities! Our communication tools make it easy to promote your events and program.
Where available, Georgia Power or one of our community partners may reach out to you to help you host a Pre-K Week celebration. We hope you will respond to one of these partners should they extend an invitation to help you in hosting your Pre-K Week event.